By: Dritëro Agolli
Notes about the book “Agony and Hope” of the writer Liri Hidërshaj
The novel “Agony and Hope” (Agoni dhe Shpresë) of the author Liri Hidërshaj, comes in front of the reader as a continuity of characters’ life, events and facts that have been part of the subject of her creativity even before.
The author is not a storyteller of imagination, but of concrete psychology. The fables that she treats convey some social problems, that arouse emotions and worries of the reader who in a way or another have experienced such stunning events, situations and vicissitude in this grim atmosphere that has plagued our country in these prolonged transition years.
Today’s Albanian reality, by interfering into creativity, creates images of the human pain with a tense drama. And a good author, who knows how to refine the abundance of this first material, is as lucky as Liri Hidërshaj, who as a cognitive of life, turns into a singer of human grief.
In this novel Liria intertwine the real world on the eve of agony that comes to book through events as painful, tremendous and shocking as the one of “Gërdec”, where 26 innocent people lost their life with the artist’s dream for a better world, always perfect as his own imagination.
The intensity of events description intertwined with the logy psychology of the terrorize spirit by frequent worries and unpleasant surprise that the difficult life brings full of agony and evoke death makes the fable very interesting, keeps the reader in anxiety, makes him relive the daily drama of his poverty, put him in front of big dilemma that have a row of existential questions for the survival of most Albanian families.
Evocative nightmare atmosphere of this book, creates the impression that the characters’ life the same as the Albanian life is involved in a spiral without head that swing like a cyclone whirlpool toward the certain death, however the author, with her wisdom, knows how to escape this fatal absurd by addressing God’s power, the Creator of Everything, by making an appeal to the Good which isn’t defeated by the Evil yet and hasn’t died in many human spirits, raises hope for a more sober tomorrow. As she cites at the end of the book with the voice of a character: “Lord’s way are infinite”… the people who believe those ways and hope, they surely have numerous possibilities of survival…
- Peace cannot be brought by anyone
- A book for peace is a book for God
- Characters – the first Albanian Missionaries of Peace
- Lekë Mandreja, Albanian Writer
- A message of special type
- Bilal Xhaferri in a new perspective
- Even the stars die
- The word of the publisher
- Hymn to man
- Shefki Hysa – Albanian Writer
- Said bluntly! And that’s it!
- Cham issue in the optics of today’s historians
- The life of the artist in the communist dictatorship
- Characteristics of a short impressive prose
- Tragic Destinies
- A book of messages of hope and peace for Chameria
- Once was Pellazgjia
- Sazan Goliku, Albanian Poet
- Instead of the foreword
- Cheated Eve
- Christ of the thought
- Caprices of age
- The love, the pain
- Tear and laughing lightning
- Death of the deaths
- Alush Avduli was born…
- The demon
- The lost “Paradise”
- In trails less violated of Albanian origin
- Singer of the grief
- Mesages of hope and peace
- Kadare as a personage
- Metamorphosis of pain
- Disentangle: “Also the day dies”
- ”The rebellious” and “The sold paradise”
- Reborn from hell
- The power to recreate the freedom
- Impossible diplomacy or?!…
- Literature after death!
- The enigma – Bilal Xhaferri
- Bilal Xhaferri Publishing House
Zyba Hysa on In trails less violated of Alb…