Bilal Xhaferri Publishing House
The Bilal Xhaferri Publishing House is one of the first Albanian publishing organs of the post-communist period with the purpose to select and to publish the most prominent values of the world literature, the Albanian dissident literature and the creativity of the young talents that are at risk to lose in the difficult conditions of the trade market.
The Bilal Xhaferri Publishing House was created in 27 January 1992 as a result of the idea that the culture, the art, the literature and the personalities that represent them, with their values, are the ambassadors and the most convincing and effectual diplomats for the dignified presentation of a nation before the other civilized nations.
At that time the work of Bilal Xhaferri, whose name was given to this publishing institution, was forgotten. His values were denied from the former communist dictatorship. It was the duty of the Cham intellectuals like Shefki Hysa to glorify the work of Bilal and the treasures of the Cham culture and folklore, great values that were infringed and the Albanian public didn’t know. The marvelous pearls of the popular Cham epos could be expressed in front of the Albanians and the civilized world through the figure of Bilal Xhaferri, an exceptional talent that had shined like a star in the horizon of the Albanian literature in 1960s and was suddenly extinguished from the fatal stroke that it took from the former communist dictatorship. The Albanians and all the foreign well-wishers, being familiar with these wonderful values of Chameria, would raise the interest and fell in love with the Cham issue like a singular and sacred religion institution that belonged even to them.
Thus the Bilal Xhaferri publishing house due to the capacities, the great zeal and the numerous contacts with the Albanian and international politics of the writer Shefki Hysa, increased and it was experiencing day by day a bum of selected publications from the world literature, books of former outraged personalities like Pjetër Arbnori and especially works of young talents. Its staff made all the attempts that the young boys and girls, full of talent, not only of the Cham Community, could find themselves in the Bilal Xhaferri publishing house, be affirmed and not meet with the whilom destiny of Bilal, in the difficult period of the cruel capitalist transition that Albania was experiencing.
- Peace cannot be brought by anyone
- A book for peace is a book for God
- Characters – the first Albanian Missionaries of Peace
- Lekë Mandreja, Albanian Writer
- A message of special type
- Bilal Xhaferri in a new perspective
- Even the stars die
- The word of the publisher
- Hymn to man
- Shefki Hysa – Albanian Writer
- Said bluntly! And that’s it!
- Cham issue in the optics of today’s historians
- The life of the artist in the communist dictatorship
- Characteristics of a short impressive prose
- Tragic Destinies
- A book of messages of hope and peace for Chameria
- Once was Pellazgjia
- Sazan Goliku, Albanian Poet
- Instead of the foreword
- Cheated Eve
- Christ of the thought
- Caprices of age
- The love, the pain
- Tear and laughing lightning
- Death of the deaths
- Alush Avduli was born…
- The demon
- The lost “Paradise”
- In trails less violated of Albanian origin
- Singer of the grief
- Mesages of hope and peace
- Kadare as a personage
- Metamorphosis of pain
- Disentangle: “Also the day dies”
- ”The rebellious” and “The sold paradise”
- Reborn from hell
- The power to recreate the freedom
- Impossible diplomacy or?!…
- Literature after death!
- The enigma – Bilal Xhaferri
- Bilal Xhaferri Publishing House
Zyba Hysa on In trails less violated of Alb…